Monday, December 13, 2010

A Successful Life A Spa Treatment

What a luxury to treat yourself to a spa treatment. Mine was a facial and a body scrub. I feel very clean and soft! It was nice. I’ve had better. I went because I got coupon for half off and could not pass up a 50% off deal. Would I go back? May-be for 50% but not for full price. Why? The spa lacked the luxury of a spa that charges the rate.


When I traveled around the country and lectured on aromatherapy I visit many different spas and retreats. I was often times compt a treatment. I’ve been in some very nice spas with excellent treatments. So I am a bit bias.

The Egyptians are considered the inventors of western cosmetology or beauty treatments. They created beauty treatments such as scrubs and massages that have endured to the present day. The Greeks considered spas to be very therapeutic and healing. Many ancient cultures have accounts of using spa type treatments as healing aides. So although we often think of spa treatments as a luxury they can in fact help to relieve stress, stimulate circulation and release toxins which all good for the body, the mind and the soul.

May-be sometimes we get health and luxury mixed up. Especially in the United States. May-be it is not a luxury to take care of yourself, to relax, to play and to take time off. May-be a trip to the spa every once in a while will calm frazzled nerves. May-be it will change my state of being?

I had a sugar scrub. I wonder if it has made me sweeter.

Doctor Lynn

http:/www.doctorlynn.com

No comments: