Wednesday, October 06, 2010

What does it take to live a successful life?

Last night I took my daughter and Grandson to dinner. Must say he makes me smile and when I spend time with him the world seems ok. I am very lucky to have two beautiful and very smart Grandsons. They are truly the joy of my life. And as I have written one of the successful things in my life has been to become a Grandmother. They say that is why you have children – to reap the benefits of being a Grandparent because children are a lot of work without a lot of appreciation but well worth the end result.


This morning I got up and receive the following email:

Dear Dr. Lynn,



I used to take your yoga classes at the Total Woman Gym in and at the 24 hour fitness in Sherman Oaks. Yoga has not been the same without you. Thus, unfortunately, I have been away from practicing yoga for some time now and would very much like to start doing yoga again and exercising more. I am writing to find out if you are still teaching yoga in the San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles area. Please let me know if you still are and where I can go. I deeply appreciate you taking the time to get back to me.



Namaste,



Tammy



I can tell you that it is the emails and notes like these that I have received over the years that have made everything I do worthwhile. Money has eluded me most of my life. I’ve always made a living and usually lived quite nice. But it is these notes and the thanks over the years that have truly touched my soul and made me realize that success is not measured in dollars. Truly when you do what you love with passion the money will follow. You will always be taken care of when you give from your heart and your soul.

Back to work editing the book which I will have done this weekend. I need to do a video for Justin and the virtual gym as well s do a you tube Promo. I also need to get the video from Scott and then get it all to Eric for the website. And then the book and video off to Amazon for hard publishing…whew I’m exhausted just writing all this stuff.

The PR agency sent me a proposal for about $1000 more than I want to pay but said they would negotiate so I need to take care of that. There are a lot of last minute decision and pushes I need to make if all of this is going to happen. And of course there is no guarantee but I have the fulfillment from accomplishing this and seeing it through to completion.

Let me share with you a card that one of my students sent me many years ago. I still have it and read it from time to time

She let go, forging a hole through the air, as she screamed past her limitations. And she wrote – thank you for helping  me soar past my limitations. You are a great teacher and a peaceful spirit. I will remember you always and carry you in my heart. Blessings, Heather….and then Heather moved on never to be seen again.

These are the things I need to remember. Perhaps I am not here to make millions but rather to make a few people smile and touch their souls. That’s a successful life.

Doctor Lynn

http://www.doctorlynn.com/

No comments: