Friday, October 01, 2010

What does it take to live a successful life?

It’s Wednesday again and my online class is still not moving but I don’t feel bad because nobody is bringing in the crowds. Its’ a great idea and will take time to take off. I need to focus on the book and the video and the website. After I get back from Africa I’m going to make a bigger push for the online classes because I’m not going to teach in the studio any more. It is too much money with no return. Yoga works, which I bigger than me and has an advertising budget is giving away classes at 10 classes for $10.00. Everyone is hurting and struggling.
Now even though the online classes cost money they are not intended for LA where there are a multitude of gyms, studios and great teachers. It’s for mid America where things are limited. So I need to reach that audience with my book and my exercise class. But I can only focus on one thing at a time.
So tonight I will teach in the studio and hope that I get at least five people which is unlikely. I’ll do it for three more weeks and then focus on the online classes. In the mean time I’ll keep trying.
I am finishing the last editing of the book. He did a great job even if I am now paying him to do it over again after the last editor did a lousy job. When you hire somebody it is so difficult to know if the job will get done on time and professionally. Her intentions were good but her focus was somewhere else and it shows in the work. I thought she may be going through some emotional stuff. Just sensed it. Emotional turmoil will certainly affect everything you do. Studies have shown that emotional maturity and stability is a barometer of success. More than intelligence.
Need to get back to editing and organizing and hope that in time all of my hard work will pay off. Today is just a work day. Lots to do and not a lot of action. The bills are piling up. I need to invest about $ 5,000 more into this project. It needs the final push to make it happen. I’ll just take a deep breath and let it go.
Doctor Lynn

No comments: