Monday, September 20, 2010

A Successful Life Sept. 20th

To have your children tell you they appreciate you and forgive you for your mistakes for now they understand the role of parenting. My children have thanked me several times over the last ten years. They thanked me for teaching them manner although they complained all the time they were growing up about how strict I was. They thanked me for teaching them responsibility, kindness and caring. They thanked me for exposing them to culture and education. But it wasn’t always like this. When they were young they would complain and rebel. As a parent you ask yourself many times over if they will ever understand that you are doing your best to succeed at a job that you’ve never done before. It’s done out of love. Mistakes are made as parenting is not a perfect science. But those simple words of thank you make it worth all the effort and sacrifice.  
Doctor Lynn

No comments: