Saturday, August 26, 2017

I am therefore I …


 
 
 
Rene Descartes the father of modern philosophy is famous for saying. “I think therefore I am.” But yoga would take a different twist on this and say “I am therefore I think.” This means that you do not have to be a thinking human being to exist. You are at your highest level a field of energy that is constantly moving. You think when you slow your energy field and allow thoughts to congeal. You let thoughts occupy the space within your mind. The thoughts you let linger within is what you become and what you become is constantly changing. So in a sense as you think so you become, but you must become before you can think.

Prana the great force of energy is simply movement.  For movement to construct thought you must first make space for the thought and then allow it to materialize. Pay careful attention to your thoughts because you are what you think and not because you think.  

Yoga today -Let’s get started. Take a breath and feel the movement; the rise and the fall of the breath. Prana is the rise and fall that gives us the power to think.

 

Pay careful attention to what you let linger and occupy your mind. Remember first you exist as pure energy and then you have the power to think. Use this power carefully for it will define who you are and who you are becoming. I am therefore I have the power to be. Think wisely.

Namaste – may you go with health, happiness and peace.

Doctor Lynn

 


No comments: