Saturday, January 17, 2015

Yoga Today Continual Practice


 
 
 
 
Control your thoughts and then learn to detach and let go. Everything in life brings us both pleasure and pain. Remember pleasure can turn to pain and pain can turn to pleasure. We hold onto pleasure and then fear losing it. This turns to pain. To find balance we must learn to detach from both and simply observe without judgment. But this is not easy. We need to practice not for a minute, an hour or even a day, but continuously.  However, it is not enough to just practice. We must do it with full attention of our mind and total faith in our ability to achieve. It requires three qualities; patience, devotion and faith.

If I give you a mantra to practice and tell you it will bring peace to your life and that you must practice it faithfully to see results, you will ask me how long will it take?  My answer; until you master it. A mantra means to have a continual thought. Think about maintaining a continual thought. What if it was anger and frustration? What would your life be like? What if it was peace and serenity?  You have the power to choose. You can control your thoughts, but you must continually practice. Nothing comes in an instant, a moment, a year and sometime even a life time. For example one of my favorite mantras is Om Shanti, shanti, shanti. It simply means “May the cosmic energy of life bring me laughter, love and to all my being body, mind and soul bring me tranquility, serenity, harmony and peace. Imagine if this became a continual thought in your mind?  What would your life be like? To achieve this or to achieve anything in life, takes patience, devotion and faith.

Nothing is achieved without practice. This is why we are here.

To achieve anything in life takes patience, devotion and faith.

Om Shanti, shanti, shanti. May the cosmic energy of life bring me laugher, love and to all of my being body, mind and soul bring me tranquility, serenity, harmony and peace.

Namaste – my you go with health, happiness and peace.

Doctor Lynn
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: