Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What does it take to live a successful life?

Back to work after a two day weekend. I really needed those two days off although in my mind I did do a little work. It’ hard to escape when you are immersed in trying to make a success of a project. It takes a lot of work to make money. It is so much easier to go to work for someone and collect a check. However you are always one check away from being fired, replaced, the company going bankrupt or keeping your mortgage paid. But then again when you work for yourself you are also subject to financial issues.
Well again Napoleon Hill list a cause of failure to be lack of ambition to aim above mediocrity. Meaning we should not be indifferent to what we want in life and be willing to pay the price. And that is the key…you must be willing to pay the price which includes financial commitment and a tremendous commitment of time and energy. Is it worth it? Yes…the enjoyment of creating and achieving is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Sometimes it makes money and sometimes it doesn’t but it is the process and not the final content that makes for excitement.  So as I go back to work today with more work ahead of me than hours in the day I will keep my focus, take my aim and fire. It is my karma.
Karma builds character. Karma energy draws to the individual energy of both extremes. Good and bad, pain and pleasure, sorrow and happiness. It is the stuff of character. We learn from both sides of the spectrum and it is from these lessons that we gain wisdom. It is not about being good or bad but about living your karma which is simply the lessons we need to learn to hopefully ultimately gain wisdom and understand the nature of life.
So today I will remind my students the importance of living your karma and embracing all that life offers you. It is what you do with your karma that determines the nature of your life. Some people take misfortune and turn it into something good and others take good fortune and turn it into a disaster.
Life becomes what life does.
Doctor Lynn

No comments: