Monday, April 06, 2015

The Thousand Stair Climb - Why am I doing this?



First because everyone needs clean air and fresh water to live. Second because when I was recovering from cancer I could not climb even a few stairs for nearly two months. I told myself if I recovered I would never complain about climbing stairs again and gladly climb every chance I got. Third because it's a good cause and lastly because I'm part of a team!

Don't feel you need to donate. If you do - thank you! You can click below to give. Every little bit helps!

  
On April 11th, I’m participating in the Fight for Air Climb Los Angeles event to help raise money for lung disease research and education. As you may know, lung disease has touched my life and I strongly support the mission of the American Lung Association to prevent lung disease and promote lung health.

I would really appreciate your support, please know, any amount of donation helps:

$7 -  on behalf of the 7 million children living with asthma
$18 – to fund more research and increase the current 5 year lung cancer survivor rate of 18%
$22 – in honor of the 22,000 breaths an average human takes every 24 hours
$37 – because women are 37% more likely to have COPD than men and COPD is the third leading cause of death in the US
$50 - almost half of lung cancers in people under 50 occur in women
$80 – so we can prevent young adults to start smoking. Over 80% adult smokers started before age 21
$90 – because we all deserve to breath clean and healthy air, however 90 percent of Californians living in areas with unhealthy air
$110 – because lung cancer is the least research funded cancer and we have to give our 110% to change that

Your donation to the American Lung Association will sustain their commitment to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research.

You can make a donation by clicking here and then clicking on my name.

I would be grateful for your support as I challenge myself not only in participating in the American Lung Association’s Fight for Air Climb event, but also by raising money for this very worthwhile cause.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Doctor Lynn

No comments: