Monday, July 26, 2010

Back story Post 15 July26

I am purposely leaving out a lot of the fine details because well, some things are better left unwritten. In life one should not kiss and tell. But let’s just say I had many years of dating. I was divorced for 25 years. I had been engaged three times, lived with a man for 7 years and had various boyfriends in-between. There were not too many relationship types I had not experienced.


I was about to go off internet dating for a while because it was exhausting. Anyone who has tried this form of meeting people knows that it takes time and after 100 emails from people who are not a match there is a feeling of needing a break. You just don’t want to tell your story one more time or hear another story from a potential date again. 80percent of the people on dating sites don’t know what they want or are playing games. It’s heady to date someone new every night and to keep several people going at the same time. We become like kids in a candy store and with each new meeting wonder if there is someone better, richer, better looking…what are we missing if we stop here?

So an email from a man who wants to meet me only signifies another round of the games. Here we go again – an email form match.com. He said in his email,” I know I’m out of your age range. I’m more than ten years older than you. But only by three years. I would like to meet you for lunch.” His picture was cute but I was sure it must be ten years old because of his age. But he told me he was 13 years older than me? Either he was actually 25 years older, he was being upfront and honest or he was naïve and new to the game. Could this be? An honest soul on match.com? So I agreed to meet him for lunch but not with a lot of hesitation. I picked a place that was convenient for me. I was not going out of my way to meet someone who probably would be older than he said and looked it!

I asked him to meet me at a local bar and grill in Belair. Might as well make it a nice lunch although the last time I met a man there, he told me he was a consultant who lived in Belair. He sent me a picture which was in fact about twenty years old. He was twenty-five years older than me and had suffered a stroke which he neglected to tell me. So when I showed up, I met a man who was limping and drooping, old and could not longer drive. He had someone drop him off at the restaurant and then asked me to drive him home. So I was not too optimistic about this new lunch date.

I called my best friend and told her I had another internet date. It would probably be quick and I’d call her in about 2 hours and give the gory details. I arrived at the restaurant and walked towards the door. Leaning against the wall was a tall good looking man dressed in a very nice suit. It was him. I recognized him from his picture. I was a bit shocked. He looked like his picture and he was waiting for me. He had reserved a table. This was a gentleman. We ordered lunch. The same thing for both of us…salad and poached salmon. We chatted and then we began to flirt. He asked me what I was looking for and I said, “someone who can take the lead.” That’s all it took. Before I knew it he moved around the table and was sitting next to me with his arm around me. He leaned over and kissed me. The chemistry went wild! We both knew it! We talked and kissed for another two hours. When we parted he asked me out for the next night for dinner. I agreed.

He called me later that day. We met for dinner the next night. He was waiting with a bouquet of flowers. Same thing. We ate dinner, kissed and parted with him asking me out for all of the next weekend. I told him I could see him one more time for dinner but then I was leaving for New York for the weekend. I would not be back until Tuesday. So we met again and when we parted he asked me to call him when I got back from New York.

I left for New York on Friday to spend the weekend with Art.

Doctor Lynn

http://www.doctorlynn.com/

http://bit.ly/DoctorLynnFB

No comments: