Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The Brass Ring

Today I wrote 30 pages of my book in about ten minutes. How did I accomplish such a feat in such a short amount of time? Preparation and Technology. It all goes back to the simple philosophy of doing what you love to do even if you don’t have a viable plan to put into action. You see, about ten years ago I knew I wanted to write a book and get it published. I did get a few small books published; however I had one book in mind that I could not seem to get to a point of destination. However, I sat faithfully at my computer and wrote, tucking away different manuscripts in my computer files. The time was not right to publish but the time was right to create. There were loops, gaps and pieces missing from the mosaic of my life. I had to complete parts of the picture before I could get back to my original idea. I remember sitting alone in my small apartment not quite sure where life would take me. But rather than sit in depression and discouragement I wrote and I wrote and I wrote tucking away reams of written work. Today as I started a new chapter in the book I went through my files and found 113 pages that would become two new chapters in my new book. I simply did a cut and a paste and a new chapter was born. My time had not been wasted. This philosophy that I learned a long time ago served me well. Don’t wait for your master plan to be fully formed before you begin to create. Create and adjust as you go along. Start where you are with a focus to the future and the master plan will unfold in due time. Nothing comes together and nothing happens until the time is right but if you sit back ideally waiting for the time to be right, when the time is right you won’t be ready to strike. So whatever your dream, even if you can’t clearly see the big picture, start where you are to make your dreams come true and in time when all is ready, whatever you desire will manifest. It will not be as you originally thought it would be, for over time things change, however what is meant to be will come to pass and when the brass ring is thrown you’ll be there to catch it. Two thirds of my book is complete. Each chapter I write brings a deeper understanding of the nature of my subject. What is it? Stay tuned…
Visit my website http://www.doctorlynn.com/ and see me on facebook at doctor lynn

Doctor Lynn

No comments: