Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Day at Work 6/15/10

My days are so full with writing my book, and now eight days away from filming the exercise video that compliments the book. I came up with the idea for the video about two months ago. Now I’ve done videos before and they cost a lot of money. This time my budget was almost zilch. So I posted an add on Craig’s list for student interns who wanted to do a filming project. The response was overwhelming. Not just students but professional camera people who were between jobs and wanted something fun and easy to add to their resume. I met with John, camera man /director who happened to have all the equipment we needed and then signed on two interns. Lucky for me I live in a building with a beautiful function room which will work great for the video and is mine to use for free. The cost to me is the food and extras for the shoot. I do intend to give each person some money as a show of appreciation. As well I will list John as the director and camera man on the credits and give him permission to show my video as part of his work. I’m also giving the interns credit on the video which will give them something tangible to put on their resumes. Now all I have to do is spend the next eight days getting my routine down, get an outfit to wear, buy lunch and snacks and make it a fun day for everyone. If I told you I used a little magic to make this all happen you might think me a bit mad. But when you read my book, which will be published in August 2010 you’ll understand what I mean.


Doctor Lynn

PS - where there's a will -  there's a way

No comments: