Thursday, June 17, 2010

6/15-6/16-6/17

Tuesday I met with a photographer who was refereed by my marketing consultant who happens to be just right for me and really gets what I’m doing. It's amazing how when you get the energy moving things happen. These days I’m crazy busy running from one appointment or project to another. The next six weeks are crucial to bringing all the pieces together. Anne the photographer is doing a photo shoot for my website, book and exercise video. We connected immediately. One thing I’ve learned about filming is that the object and the artist must connect for there to be something beyond the ordinary. As an artist whatever your medium when the energy connects creativity moves to a higher level. Here is a flow of energy that takes over your body-mind and moves you into the moment. You experience that moment of complete connection in the here and now.




Yesterday I had lunch with a friend that I have not seen for over six months. She used to come to my yoga class until she got really busy with a new and exciting job. She is a business woman with a strong marketing sense. We laughed, cried and shared even though we are different. I am the artist and she is the strong business woman. Her life like mine has been one of struggle as a single mother raising two children. We both have such a strong sense of independence and self reliance. We both are in second marriages and struggle with the nuances of these marriages. She gets it when I roll my eyes and talk about the difficulties of ex’s, children, adjustment, money, careers, friends, family and how very different it is from the early days when you first get married, start a life and build a family. How naïve we are to think it will all be simple. I shared with her the essence of my book and as I knew she would, she supported my work. She understands that I am doing this from a labor of love and a need to create and express. Lunch was too short. We could have talked for hours. Women…we never run out of things to say!



Today I am going to test out my exercise routine. I’m shooting the video that goes with the book next Wednesday. Fortunately for me I have a great group of people who will let me rehearse my routine in my yoga classes. I connect with my classes. Why? Because I care and I give with passion. I love what I do and the people I meet. I meet the most interesting people in my 8 plus classes I teach each week. I learn so much from them. I motivate them and they inspire me. It’s early in the morning and I must go over my routine so that I have it locked into my head before I go to class. Practice makes perfect… so it has been said. Add a little focus, passion and belief, and you have the magic to make things happen.



Doctor Lynn

www.doctorlynn.com

No comments: